Tuesday 20 May 2014

Meet Emily Cupples

After a few days we are back with another Q and A with Emily Cupples who is one of the performers in Sonder. Let's get to it.

How does Theatre inspire you?

Theatre always has, and continues to inspire me because it comes in so many different forms, and so much can be done with it. I love that there are so many facets within theatre to explore - improvisation, writing and music are all HUGE in my life, and all of them are a part of theatre as well. From being both a spectator and a performer in this art form, I have learned so much about myself, and those around me. Finding your "raison d'etre" is an incredible thing- and I think both theatre and discovering new things are a part of mine; never stop learning OR doing what you love

What role did music, dance, or theatre play in your culture/childhood/family/community?

I was always doing some type of performance through out- from those weird little family talent shows in my uncle's living room for dessert privileges, to improvising in front of 200 strangers over the weekend. I grew up on amazing music (thanks dad!) and some really incredible films, and when I discovered theatre was a CAREER in seventh grade, it stuck. I eventually saw my first "real" musical when I was 15 years old, and I started becoming more and more focused on making this a reality for myself.

What has been the biggest challenge you have come across so far in your theatrical career to date? Movement. I wish I could come up with an intricate, philosophical, or inspiring answer, but this will have to do. I am 5'10, 20 years old, and still somehow not used to my body yet. I am clumsy to the point of it being (unintentionally!) comedic, but I'm realizing that it's easier to go for it and explain later than to waste time worrying about what you look like up there (unless of course, the director gives you that note...more than once).

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Happy.

Tell us something we don't know about you?

I thought about this question for an hour. Oh, and I love Megan Fox.

Thanks Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment