Tuesday 3 June 2014

Meet Evan Macleod

Hi guys,

We are back with a fantastic blog from cast member Evan. Let's see what he has to tell us.

How does theatre inspire you?
Theatre is so inspiring to me because it truly represents humanity in it's essence. The act of theatre (done right) is a living breathing entity all in its own. That is what makes it so magical. When a film is made, it is done once, (or twice) but for the most part there is one right way to do it. With theatre, every cast, every night is a different show. Actors bring their experiences into the characters and their unique perspective can bring words to life again and again. The audience also plays a vital role, adding to the presence of the show and upping the stakes of the performer. It is truly inspiring to be a part of an art form that has survived millennia.

What role did music, dance, or theatre play in your culture/childhood/family/community?
Music was a very big part of my childhood. It was my first experiences with performing. It gave me an outlet to express myself artistically, and gave me confidence being vulnerable and watched. Dance wasn't as incorporated in my childhood, but luckily, I am learning fast!

What has been the biggest challenge you have come across so far in your theatrical career to date?
One of my biggest challenges in my theatrical career is just that. A theatrical career. It is a huge risk and demands a huge ambition and an unfaltering confidence. For me, the choice of where to start comes into play. I suppose the future is uncertain, but I know that I am going to give it my all.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I hardly know where I'll be in two years, but projecting onto the future I know that I want to be doing something I love, with people I love. Having a successful career in theatre would be nice too.

Tell us something we don't know about you?

Something you don't know about me is that I play Piano, Alto Saxophone, Tuba well and can putz around on the harmonica and ukelele.

Next time out we will begin introducing the artistic team of Sonder. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment